Several methods are available for getting your artwork to us:
- Our Online File Sharing Service - Upload your files to our Hightail™ account located at: https://www.hightail.com/u/BeautifulDisplays. Simply select the file(s) you need to upload, fill out the online form (valid email address required), and click the “Send It” button. It couldn't be easier! Please note our file naming instructions below to ensure quick handling of your files.
- Use your own dropbox service and send your link with clear identification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note file naming instructions below to ensure quick handling.
- Email - Files under 10mb may be submitted via e-mail attachment to email@example.com. Please note file naming instructions below to ensure quick handling.
- FTP - If you have a large amount of data to transfer and prefer to use a standard FTP client, contact your representative for FTP access details.
General Graphic File Specifications
Design templates which include dimensions, safe area and bleed instructions are included on each product's details page and are also sent via email upon purchase.
When sending a vector file such as AI, EPS or PDF, please convert your fonts to outlines.
Please do not include any trim marks, registration marks, color bars or page information in your final print file.
To ensure your graphic files are correctly associated with your job and processed without delay, please be sure to include your client name (as it appears on your estimate, or a clear shortened version of it) and your job number (also on your estimate) as part of your file name(s). This will ensure your graphic files are correctly associated with your job and will be processed without delay. Files named without this information may experience delays in pre-production.
The following layout file formats are accepted and preferred: TIF, JPG, AI, EPS, and PSD. See below for additional information on specific software and other file formats.
Dye-Sublimated Fabric Printing:
For dye-sub fabric printing, all image files should be 100 dpi at actual printed size. Files should not exceed 150 dpi at actual printed size. Higher resolutions are not necessary and will create excessively large and cumbersome files. Layouts which contain smaller text or fine detail can be done at up to 150 dpi at actual size for optimum clarity and sharpness.
Larger layouts, such as those for large fabrics backdrops or backwalls, exceed design program dimension limitations at full size and may be done at 200 dpi at half the printed size or 300 dpi at one-third size.
UV Flatbed Display Quality Printing:
For display quality UV flatbed printing, all image files should be at least 200 dpi at actual printed size. Files should not exceed 300 dpi at actual printed size. Higher resolutions are not necessary and will create excessively large and cumbersome files. Larger layouts, such as those for larger signage and graphics that are viewed at a distance can be created at 150 dpi at actual size to help reduce file size and handling time. Layouts which contain small text or fine detail can be done at up to 300 dpi at actual size for optimum clarity and sharpness.
Dye-Sublimated Fabric Printing:
As a general guideline, fabric graphics will typically require a 2"; bleed on all sides. Different products may have different bleed requirements. Please contact your representative or project manager for exact specifications for your project.
UV Flatbed and Other Large and Grand Format Printing:
UV flatbed and other large/grand format prints will typically require a 1/8" bleed on all sides. Different products may have different bleed requirements. Please contact your representative or project manager for exact specifications for your project.
RGB vs. CMYK
You may choose to send your files in either RGB or CMYK color space. RGB files are smaller on disk and will yield a wider color gamut than will CMYK files. Both will give excellent results when properly prepared. Please make sure all elements within your project are in the same color space. For critical color matching and proofing options, please see below.
- IMPORTANT: Please be sure to inform us of any color matching needed, or of any other output concerns, when placing your order.
- Please let us know if colors need to match a previous order.
- Color output is dependent on many factors and different printing processes/devices have different color capabilities. Critical colors are matched to their closest possible interpretation for the specific printing press used.
- Use PMS (Pantone Solid Coated) reference numbers for specifying critical spot colors. Use the Pantone Color Bridge swatch book to reference PMS colors and their respective simulations on CMYK printing devices. Alternatively, use referenced CMYK values from the Pantone CMYK Color Guide swatch book.
- Hard copy examples (brochures, catalogs, proofs, etc.) may also be sent for color matching purposes.
- Layered files (.ai, .eps, or .psd) are required for critical color matching.
- Files may be provided in either CMYK or RGB color space. Please keep all files consistent.
- Metallics, neons and other specialty colors cannot be reproduced. Please choose an acceptable standard Pantone color.
- We recommend purchasing optional hard proofs to ensure satisfaction with critical color matches. We will provide a "reasonable internal match" to specified colors free of charge. Purchase of color matching service/proofs is required for guaranteed color matches.
Standard Electronic Proofs
Electronic jpeg proofs are created, and must be approved, for all jobs to continue through production. Please keep in mind that jpeg proofs are for content and positioning only. They are not intended to be an accurate representation of color or resolution. If these are concerns, physical proofs can be ordered at an additional charge. Please keep in mind that physical proofing typically adds to production time by two to five working days
Physical Proofs (Optional)
- Full Layout Reduction ($25 plus shipping) - This proof shows the entire layout and general color output at a reduced size.
- Actual Size Swatch ($25 plus shipping) - This proof shows a 12" x 12" swatch of the file printed at actual size and is good for judging the resolution of imbedded imagery or other critical design elements.
- Critical Color Matching ($50 per matched color plus shipping) - This proof is used for critical spot color matching situations. Multiple blocks of color are printed approximating your desired color. You then pick which block best satisfies your matching requirements and we apply that color value to your final output.
File Formats and Software
The following layout file formats are accepted and preferred: TIF, JPG, AI, EPS, and PSD.
Files can be in either RGB or CMYK color mode at the appropriate dpi resolution for your project (see File Resolution above). Files can be saved as EPS, JPG (use highest quality settings for jpeg), TIF (with LZW compression) or Photoshop native format. Layered files must be provided when color matching is required.
Publisher and CorelDraw
We do not accept native Publisher or CorelDraw files. Corel files may be saved as TIF files at the appropriate dpi resolution for your project (see File Resolution above).
We accept all past and current Illustrator file versions. IMPORTANT: Be sure to convert all type to outlines and include embedded images on disk. Embedded images should be Photoshop TIFF files at the appropriate dpi resolution for your project (see File Resolution above). Please do not use Illustrator's "transparency" functions as they may print unreliably. Transparency functions include such things as drop shadows, partially transparent objects, feathering, inner or outer glows, etc. These types of effects are more reliably and efficiently done in Photoshop. File setup and handling charges may apply to files that do not conform to our specifications. Specific color matches are subject to an additional fee.
InDesign files do not work well for large format printing purposes and are subject to additional processing and handling fees. Please use Illustrator or Photoshop to create your large format layouts.
PDF files can problematic for large format printing purposes due to their inability to be easily edited or adjusted. PDF files are subject to additional processing and handling fees when they don't work properly. Whenever possible, use lllustrator or Photoshop files saved in one of our other accepted file formats.
File types not accepted
File types which we cannot accept for printing include, but are not limited to, the following: CorelDraw, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Miscrosoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, and WordPerfect. Many of these programs may offer ways to save graphics compatible with large format printing and our file specifications. Consult your software manuals or your IT department for assistance.
Please give our graphics professionals a call at 800.697.4670, fill out our information request form, or email info@beautifulDISPLAYS.com if you have any questions.
Rollable Trade Show Graphics:
Beautiful Displays warrants all trade show graphics for 6 months from the time of purchase against defects in materials or workmanship. Click here for full graphics warranty text.
Beautiful Displays and The Fabric Factory warrant all fabric graphics agains defects in materials or workmanship for 12 months from the time of purchase. Click here for the full fabric graphics warranty and care information sheet.
UV Flatbed and Other Large Format/Grand Format Printing:
Beautiful Displays warrants all large and grand format graphics for 6 months from the time of purchase against defects in materials or workmanship.
Fabric Graphics | Photomural Panels and Detachable Trade Show Graphics | Other Display and Specialty Graphics | Trade Show Graphic Design Tips | Information About Print Output & Color Matching | BigStockPhoto.com